Domtar Inc., Dryden Operations, is currently seeking an individual to become part of our team. A progressive community set between Winnipeg and Thunder Bay, Dryden offers excellent medical, educational and recreational facilities. Reporting to the Technical & HSE Manager, you will be responsible for quality and lab operation.
More specifically, you will:
▪ Manage the continuing effectiveness and improvement of our Quality Management & Environmental Management processes including managing the ISO 9001 certification, the ISO 14001 certification and implementing and maintaining the QSA audit documentation.
▪ Lead and develop lab operations, including inventory management, gas testing requirements, updating SOPs and training for lab technicians in both lab testing and gas testing.
▪ Work closely with environment, pulp shipping, logistics and corporate partners to address customer feedback, complaints, and overall satisfaction.
▪ Provide feedback, coaching, and support to ensure a positive, constructive and productive work environment.
▪ Role model safe work habits and practices.
▪ Coordinate with other mill departments to maximize overall production, quality and cost control.
▪ Identify opportunities to incorporate continuous improvement initiatives that will improve safety, quality, productivity and cost.
▪ As the ideal candidate you have previous experience in an industrial or lab environment.
▪ A background as a chemical, environmental, quality or lab technician, or similar role will be considered an asset.
▪ Ability to lead safety improvements through personal commitment and procedures.
▪ Demonstrated planning, organizing and problem-solving ability.
▪ Knowledge of industrial safety procedures and regulations.
▪ Experience with developing/implementing/optimizing QMS and related systems.
▪ Strong oral and written communication skills, including technical writing, budget preparation and presentations.
▪ Demonstrated ability to develop effective working relationships within operational and environmental teams.
▪ Excellent computer skills, including the ability to read, analyze and interpret data.
▪ Knowledge of or willingness to learn ISO 9001 and IS0 14001.
▪ Kaizen, 5S or other continuous improvement training will be considered an asset.
If you are interested in an opportunity to work with an organization that is an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers a full range of employee benefits and a competitive wage package, consider joining our Team. Please apply online by following the link below and attach your cover letter and resume by May 18th, 2022 at 3:00pm CDT.
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.