Domtar Inc., Dryden Operations, is currently seeking an individual to join the Dryden Team. A progressive community set between Winnipeg and Thunder Bay, Dryden offers excellent camping, fishing and outdoor activities.
Reporting to the Environmental Superintendent, your role will be to assist with the monitoring, control, analysis, planning and communication related to environmental standards for air emissions, waste water and effluent, non-hazardous and hazardous waste management.
More specifically, you will:
▪ Develop and monitor procedures to confirm that operations are in compliance with environmental regulations.
▪ Ensure government reporting requirements are met.
▪ Provide guidance and support to operations for routine and emergency environmental issues.
▪ Evaluate the current system performance and incorporate innovations or new technologies to enhance the mill’s environmental management system.
▪ An Environmental or Chemical Engineer, with eligibility for PEO certification.
▪ Proven analytical and problem-solving skills.
▪ Sound interpersonal skills and the ability to work within a team environment.
▪ The ability to co-ordinate environmental regulation activities.
▪ A safety-oriented mindset with the desire to enforce and follow mill safety and environmental policies and procedures.
▪ Strong oral and written communication abilities, including technical writing, budget preparation and presentations.
▪ Excellent computer skills.
If you are interested in an opportunity to work with an organization that is an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers a full range of employee benefits and a competitive wage package, consider joining our Team. Please apply online and attach your cover letter, resume in confidence, by Wednesday May 18th at 3:00pm CDT
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.