Nishnawbe-Aski Legal Services Corporation is presently recruiting a:
Community Legal Worker
(2 Year Contract)
The Nishnawbe-Aski Legal Services Corporation provides legal, paralegal, and law-related services including public legal education to the members of the First Nations of Nishnawbe-Aski Nation (NAN). The Corporation also functions as an Area Office of Legal Aid Ontario (LAO).
The CLW is a crucial member of the NALSC team. S/he will work with justice personnel and the community to improve access to justice and assist clients and their families in various legal matters. S/he will play a central role in the development and delivery of public legal education and assist in promoting and coordinating NALSC restorative justice programs in the community.
• Completion of Secondary School
• Willing to learn the various aspects of the legal system including Restorative Justice alternatives
• Understands need for confidentiality
• Able to work with minimal supervision
• Satisfactory written and oral communications skills including computer skills
• Ability to speak the Oji Cree language preferred
• Willingness to communicate with others about law-related and traditional issues
• Must be willing and able to travel
For a full Job Description please visit https://nanlegal.on.ca/jobs/
Location: Sioux Lookout
Salary: In accordance with established pay grid and commensurate with education/experience
Closing Date: May 31, 2022
Please send cover letter, resume and 3 references to:
Human Resources, Nishnawbe-Aski Legal Services Corporation,
1805 Arthur St E, Thunder Bay, ON, P7E 2R6
Tel: 1-800-465-5581 Fax: 807-622-3024 Email: email@example.com
NALSC invites applications from qualified citizens of NAN. Please indicate in your cover letter how you meet the criteria for the position and whether you are a NAN citizen. We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Nishnawbe-Aski Legal Services Corporation welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
For more information, please visit our website: www.nanlegal.on.ca