Become a team member for the largest Indigenous-led infrastructure project in Canada, which will connect 17 remote First Nation communities in Northern Ontario with clean, reliable, and accessible grid power! Wataynikaneyap’s First Nation leadership established the Guiding Principles, endorsed by its partners, that set out expectations for the project’s development, including respect for the land and First Nation way of life.
Wataynikaneyap Power PM Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of FortisOntario Inc., acts as the Project Manager of Wataynikaneyap Power LP (“Wataynikaneyap Power”). Wataynikaneyap Power is a licensed transmission entity, majority-owned by a partnership of 24 First Nation communities in partnership with Fortis Inc. and other private investors. The partnership is an unprecedented undertaking and is currently constructing 1,800 kilometres of 230 kV, 115 kV, and 44 kV transmission lines and over 22 substations in northwestern Ontario. Located near Thunder Bay in our Fort William First Nation, ON office, Wataynikaneyap Power is currently recruiting for a talented:
(Full-Time Permanent Position)
Reporting to the Manager, Project Controls, the successful applicant will be experienced in handling a wide range of administrative and clerical support related tasks; be extremely well organized, detail oriented, anticipate problems, flexible, and able to deal with competing priorities and produce accurate work. Candidate must have highly developed communications and customer service skills necessary in dealing with internal/external customers and stakeholders. The incumbent must also ensure all work assigned is performed efficiently, while demonstrating a personal commitment to the safety of co-workers, the public, oneself, and the environment.
Please email HR@wataypower.ca for a full job description.
▪ Successfully completed Post Secondary education in Office/Business Administration
▪ Minimum five (5) years in an Administrative Assistant role or related experience as deemed acceptable to the Company
▪ Advanced and proficient user of MS Office Suite to prepare correspondence, documents, presentations and to generate a variety of reports
▪ Ability to function in a continuously demanding environment with changing/conflicting priorities
▪ Experience with using MS Outlook, including task tracking, follow-ups, and advanced calendaring features
▪ Candidates who speak/understand Anishnaabe or Anishininiimowin and/or have meaningful experience working with or for First Nation communities in Northwestern Ontario (preferred)
▪ Must have a valid Ontario “G” driver’s licence and maintain a clean driver’s abstract
▪ Travel will be required for job duties
To view the full job description and apply for this position, please go to www.wataypower.ca
Application deadline is May 30, 2022.
We encourage First Nation candidates to apply, including members of the 24 Participating First Nations!
Wataynikaneyap Power PM Inc. thanks all respondents but we will only contact those selected for an interview. The Company is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities and will work with applicants that request accommodation(s) during the recruitment cycle.