CANADIAN RED CROSS
James Bay and Hudson Bay
Do you want to make a difference? Join the world’s largest humanitarian network. The Canadian Red Cross, a not-for-profit, humanitarian organization dedicated to helping Canadians, as well as the most vulnerable throughout the world, is currently seeking a Senior Manager.
The Senior Manager, James Bay and Hudson Bay, is responsible to:
• Support the achievement of current and future strategic goals, by providing team leadership, managerial oversight, and operational expertise.
• Support all aspects of Human Resource Management to ensure the successful achievement of operational priorities
• Support the development and oversee the implementation of the Geography’s Operational plans (including managing budget) in alignment with the organization’s strategic priorities and operational goals.
• Develop the local relationships required to ensure CRC programming remains relevant and effective.
• Identify and support business development opportunities and innovation in alignment with the strategic direction of the organization.
• Ensure compliance with Quality Management practices, policies and directions
The incumbent must have the commitment to the Fundamental Principles of the Red Cross Movement and model the core competencies of the CRCS: team excellence, service excellence, accountability and results focused.
Education and Experience
Experience working within Indigenous Communities; knowledge/awareness of Indigenous Culture; degree or diploma in a relevant business or related discipline, or an equivalent combination of education and management experience; experience (either as employee, delegate or as a senior volunteer) with a national, service-based, non-profit organization is an asset; demonstrated competency leading and working with teams; experience and understanding of CRC disaster response is an asset; working knowledge of the community health care industry is an asset; fluency (speaking, reading and writing) in English is essential, fluency in Cree is highly desirable; ability to handle confidential and sensitive information.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested parties may submit their application by applying on the Canadian Red Cross Online Career Website by midnight EST on January 4, 2019.
Please note that there is no relocation package for this position.
This position requires a successful Canadian criminal record, reference check, valid provincial driver’s license, and First Aid certification (training provided.) The Canadian Red Cross Society is an equal opportunity employer.
While we appreciate all responses, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Preference will be given to Indigenous candidates. We kindly ask not to send in duplicate copies of your resume. No phone calls please.