Kwayaciiwin Education Resource Centre in Sioux Lookout, Ontario is seeking a
The Production/Information Technologist (IT) Assistant will provide a clerical support service mainly to the Academic Readiness Program and will also provide basic IT services to the organization. The employee is accountable to the Academic Readiness Project Coordinator. The employee is required to work in a computerized environment, maintain confidentiality, demonstrate professionalism, and work effectively both independently and as part of a team.
1. Photocopy, collate and compile curriculum documents, books and resources as required
2. Laminate and bind documents
3. Design, layout, and create visual aids and instructional materials for teacher and student use
4. Package materials for delivery to schools
5. Design and upload materials for the Centre’s website
6. Utilize computer graphic software
7. Utilize digital photography software
8. Knowledge of modern production techniques, including the use and operation of Xerox or other commercial printing equipment
9. Use a scanner to save materials in graphic or digital format
10. Maintain internal equipment, supplies and inventory.
11. Set up internal email accounts for new staff.
12. Assist with maintenance of internal telephone staff directory.
13. Perform minor repairs to hardware, software, and peripheral equipment.
14. Participate in professional development
15. Travel to northern communities in the Sioux Lookout district as required
16. Other duties, as assigned.
Accountability: The position is accountable to the ARP Coordinator.
Evaluation: Conducted by the ARP Project Coordinator.
Location: Kwayaciiwin Education Resource Centre, Sioux Lookout
Hours: 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday to Friday
Please submit a letter of application along with a resume, and written permission for KERC to contact three recent employment references must be provided. KERC requires Criminal Reference and Child Abuse Registry check required at the time of hiring. Please mail, fax or email application to:
Charlotte Semple: Administrative Assistant
Kwayaciiwin Education Resource Centre
Fax: (807) 737-3650
Deadline for applications is Wednesday, May 31, 2017 by 4:30 pm.
Only those being offered an interview will be contacted.