Kwayaciiwin Education Resource Centre in Sioux Lookout, Ontario is seeking a
Office Support Worker
Under the direction of the Executive Director the Data Clerk is responsible for digitizing and organizing Kwayaciiwin’s information into a centralized, user-friendly system, and ensuring that all staff are trained in how to use the new system.
1. Utilize the centralized information management system for the organization, working closely with senior managers, and IT/IM staff.
2. Scan, digitize and store all files, information and materials in the system.
3. Develop an information management manual and index, for review and approval, to be incorporated into the organization’s policies and procedures.
4. Coach staff in how to access and maintain the system.
5. Identify information management issues to be addressed and recommend corrective action.
6. Identify additional resources to support information management systems.
7. Maintain routine communication with Kwayaciiwin managers and staff.
8. Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual progress reports as well as ad hoc reports as required
9. Ensure that activities support the organization’s mission, vision, values and Strategic Plan
10. Set priorities and organize workload effectively and efficiently
11. Maintain a positive, healthy and safe work environment in accordance with all appropriate legislation and regulations
12. Travel as required
13. Other duties as assigned
• Fluency in Ojibwa, or Oji-Cree is a definite asset
• Post secondary degree or diploma in data management/business administration, or a minimum of five years related experience.
• Demonstrated experience, knowledge and respect for the issues and history of First Nations education at local, regional and national levels;
• Ability to collect, organize and manage information and data;
• Proven ability to work as an effective team member;
• Reliable and punctual;
• Self-motivated, organized with independent work skills
• Computer literate, proficient in MS Suite;
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Please submit a letter of application along with a resume, and written permission for KERC to contact three recent employment references must be provided. KERC requires Criminal Reference and Child Abuse Registry check required at the time of hiring. Please mail, fax or email application to:
Charlotte Semple: Administrative Assistant
Kwayaciiwin Education Resource Centre
Fax: (807) 737-3650
Deadline for applications is Friday, September 1, by 4:30 pm.
Only those being offered an interview will be contacted.