Kwayaciiwin Education Resource Centre in Sioux Lookout, Ontario is seeking an
• Assess students in First Nations schools using appropriate assessment instruments
• Plan and provide appropriate specialized therapy techniques and strategies designed to meet the educational needs of special education students, consistent with therapy goals in Individual Education Plans (IEP’s)
• Collaborate with classroom teachers to plan and implement classroom based activities
• Work with parents in the therapy program of their child
• Compile, maintain and file all reports, records and other documents as required by Kwayaciiwin policy
• Maintain up-to-date knowledge of research, theories and practices associated with O.T. in a school-based setting
• Provide consultation and professional development services to school staff
• Work closely with other staff as part of the Kwayaciiwin special education team
• Travel to 13 First Nation communities as required
• Registered with the College of Occupational Therapists of Ontario
• Knowledge and respect for the issues and history of First Nations education
• Proven ability to work as an effective team member;
• Self-motivated, organized with independent work skills
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Please submit a letter of application along with a resume, and written permission for KERC to contact three recent employment references. KERC requires Criminal Reference and Child Abuse Registry check at the time of hiring. Please email application to:
Charlotte Semple: Administrative Assistant
Kwayaciiwin Education Resource Centre
Fax: (807) 737-3650
Deadline for applications is is Wednesday, May 31, 2017 by 4:30 pm.
Only those being offered an interview will be contacted.