The Ontario First Nations Technical Services Corporation (OFNTSC) requires two Infrastructure Specialists, one for the Toronto Service Centre and one for the Thunder Bay Service Centre. The mandate of the Corporation is to provide technical and enhanced advisory services to the Unaffiliated First Nations in Ontario. The primary role of the Infrastructure Specialist will be to conduct new and renovation housing inspections, provide advisory services regarding residential construction including building science and energy efficiency, O & M, Minor Capital, some aspects on Major Capital, training, housing policy and related government programs. The Infrastructure Specialist will report directly to the Operations Manager.
SUMMARY OF DUTIES:
• Conducts plans examinations and inspections on new housing at the required stages of construction as well as advise and inspect on renovations.
• Assist and advise on residential construction projects including building techniques, energy efficiency, contract administration and funding.
• Assist and advise Unaffiliated First Nations in understanding the level of information required in inventory collection and verification of INAC’s Integrated Capital Management System (ICMS) and Asset Condition Reporting System (ACRS) as well as maintenance management.
• Assist and advise on government program funding and reporting.
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS:
• Must have a College Diploma in the Civil Engineering or Architectural Technology/Technician or other related specialty.
• At least 5-7 years’ experience in similar field/areas of expertise.
• Certification as a building inspector.
• Must have experience working with First Nation communities and have a good understanding of First Nation culture.
• Knowledge of government programs available to First Nation communities.
• Strong knowledge of residential construction techniques and building science.
• Experience in theory and practices in operation and maintenance of community building, water and sewer systems, landfills/refuse sites, roads/bridges and other community services.
• Certification as an R-2000 Professional, Energy Advisor and/or Energy Star Advisor, although no longer available, is an asset.
• Must be highly self-motivated with excellent oral/written communication skills.
• Ability to operate computers and a variety of software applications such as Microsoft Word, Excel, and AutoCAD (asset).
• Valid Ontario Driver’s License, have the ability to travel extensively throughout Ontario.
CLOSING DATE: Friday, January 27, 2017, 4:00 p.m. (EST)
Please mark very clearly on the envelope “INFRASTRUCTURE SPECIALIST” and Email: email@example.com or Fax (416) 651-1673 your Resume/Curriculum Vitae to:
Brian Staats, CRSP, Operations Manager
Ontario First Nations Technical Services Corporation
111 Peter Street, Suite 606
Toronto ON M5V 2H1
For a detailed job description, contact Reception (416) 651-1443
We thank all applications, however only those receiving an interview will be contacted.