First Nations Constable
The Kitchenuhmaykoosib Inninuwug First Nation is currently accepting applications for the position of First Nations Constable. The KI Police is administered by the OPP Aboriginal Policing Bureau while operations are supported and supervised by the Sioux Lookout OPP detachment.
KI First Nation is located 400 kms north of Sioux Lookout, Ontario on the north shore of Big Trout Lake.
• Grade 12 with Ontario Secondary School Graduation Diploma or equivalent
• Valid Ontario Drivers Licence in good standing
• 19 years of age or older
• No criminal record for which a pardon has not been granted
• Be of good moral character and habits
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
• Must be self-disciplined, motivated and community-oriented
• Must be in good health, mentally and physically suitable for active full time duty
• Successful candidate must submit current vision and medical certificates
• Must have an up to date First Aid/CPR Certificate
• Currently active as a First Nations Constable, Ontario Provincial Police, RCMP or Municipal Police officer and possess an Ontario Police College Basic Constable Certificate or equivalent
• Knowledge and understanding of aboriginal culture
• Copy of valid O.A.C.P. Certificate of Results
• Diploma graduate of an Ontario credited Law and Security Program
• Other post-secondary studies in law and justice or native studies
• Experience in working with young people in promoting healthy lifestyle choices
• Cover letter/Resume
• Copy of Grade 12 Ontario Secondary School Diploma or Equivalent
• Copy of any other applicable educational post-secondary studies diplomas
• Copy of Driver’s Licence and Certificate of Birth
• Three recent work related references (names and contact information)
• If applicable, receipt of a diploma from the Ontario Police College or equivalent
• Must be able to pass the Ontario Police Fitness Test (commonly known as the PIN test).
Further information can be found at: http://www.pfpo.org/index.php/1-introduction
Experienced police officers must be able to complete the following written testing in accordance with the Ontario First Nation Policing Program:
• MMPI-2 Minnesota Multiphasic Personality Inventory-2
Must be able to meet mandatory medical/physical competencies in accordance with the Ontario First Nation Policing Agreement.
Subject to a police background security investigation.
DEADLINE: Thursday, July 27, 2017 at 1600 hrs. Late applications will not be accepted. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Further information can be obtained by contacting Jerry MOSQUITO at (807) 630-6365.
Applications must be submitted by e-mail to: Jerry.Mosquito@opp.ca