Kwayaciiwin Education Resource Centre in Sioux Lookout, Ontario is seeking a
Finance and Human Resource Officer
Under the direction of the Executive Director, the Finance/Human Resource Officer is responsible for the financial oversight, budgeting, planning, expenditure control and general accounting practices. The Finance/Human Resource Officer is also responsible for applying accounting principles and procedures to analyze financial information, prepare accurate and timely financial reports and statements.
The Finance/Human Resource Officer also manages all human resource operations and requirements of Kwayaciiiwin, managing the administration of the human resources policies, procedures and programs. The officer’s other responsibilities include the following functional areas: Human Resource Information Systems, employee relations, benefits, compensation, organizational development and employment.
• A diploma/degree in Accounting or Business Administration or accounting training with related financial experience.
• A diploma/degree in Business: Human Resources OR at minimum 4 years of office experience including 3 years of experience in a finance/human resource or related setting.
• Knowledge of computerized accounting programs
• Experience in planning and budgeting 5 million dollars or more.
• Excellent skills in computerized accounting programs, accounts payable and accounts receivables
• Extensive skills in the preparation of financial statements and preparation of financial audit requirements
• Knowledge of HR resource policy and procedures
• Knowledge of recruiting and hiring process in a high paced work place
• Excellent interpersonal, communication and computer skills.
• Experience working with First Nations.
• Fluency in Cree, Oji-Cree or Ojibway is an asset.
Please submit a letter of application along with a resume, and written permission for KERC to contact three recent employment references must be provided. KERC requires Criminal Reference and Child Abuse Registry check required at the time of hiring. Please mail, fax or email application to:
Charlotte Semple: Administrative Assistant
Kwayaciiwin Education Resource Centre
Fax: (807) 737-3650
Deadline for applications is Wednesday, April 19, 2017 by 4:30 pm.
Only those being offered an interview will be contacted.