Kwayaciiwin Education Resource Centre in Sioux Lookout, Ontario is seeking an
The Executive Director is the senior employee and chief administrative officer of the Kwayaciiwin Education Resource Centre (KERC). The Executive Director is responsible for overseeing the day to day operations of its senior staff and programs. The Executive Director reports to the Board of Directors.
The Key responsibilities include managing the programs and staff of KERC, ensuring proper planning for the programs and services provided by KERC, implementing the policies of KERC and decisions of the Board, maintaining proper communication with the staff, Board and other key partners and managing the resources of KERC.
The position requires an experienced manager with an expert knowledge of First Nation education systems.
• Administration experience is required including planning of programs and services, coordination of implementation activities, and supervision of staff.
• Experience in preparing reports and making presentations.
• An understanding of planning, monitoring and evaluation practices and processes.
• Knowledge of First Nations education needs and systems.
• Strong planning, organizational and coordination skills and ability to manage complex projects.
• A demonstrated ability to work with First Nations and culturally sensitive to First Nation issues and the district it serves. Self-motivated, organized, able to lead a team of professional staff.
• Excellent interpersonal, communications and computer skills.
• Bachelor of Education degree with minimum 5 years teaching experience preferably in a First Nations community.
• Fluency in Ojibway, Oji-Cree or Cree is a definite asset.
To commensurate with education & experience. KERC offers a comprehensive group insurance & pension plan.
Please submit a resume, three most recent employment references with written permission to contact, and a covering letter via email to:
Charlotte Semple, Administrative Assistant
Closing Date for Applications: November 2, 2018 at 4:00 p.m.
A detailed job description may be obtained by calling Charlotte Semple at (807) 737-7373 ext 10 or via email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
An up to date Criminal Reference and Child Abuse Registry check required at time of hiring.
KERC thanks all those who apply. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted