EMPOWERED WOMEN FOR COMMUNITY WELLNESS COORDINATOR
The Oshki-Pimache-O-Win Education & Training Institute established by Nishnawbe Aski Nation (NAN) offers post-secondary education and training programs. We offer choice, accessibility, flexibility, opportunities and support services for our students.
We are looking for a dynamic person for the position of Empowered Women for Community Wellness Coordinator to develop and deliver the Empowered Women for Community Wellness program in Nishnawbe Aski Nation. This is one-year contract with a possible extension of two years.
Program Overview: This program intent is to empower indigenous women for stronger communities through one week empowerment programs that will focus on physical, mental health and wellness in the Nishnawbe Aski Nation territory. The Coordinator will be responsible for the design and delivery of unique one-week empowerment programs, in coordination with a Program Developer and Steering Committee of Indigenous women from Nishnawbe Aski Nation, that will be delivered in nine NAN communities and one in Thunder Bay. The empowerment programs will focus on the development and delivery of community action projects for physical, mental health and wellness in the nine host communities.
Eligibility/Work Experience Requirements:
• Possess at minimum an undergraduate degree in the Humanities (Social Work, Sociology) or an equivalent combination of education and related work experience.
• Three years of work experience in program development with a focus in the field of developing healing and wellness programs.
• Possess excellent coordination, facilitation, evaluation and analytical skills.
• Possess excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Possess excellent problem identification and solving capabilities.
• Budgetary planning and monitoring experience is required.
• Thorough understanding of issues affecting Indigenous Women is required.
• There is extensive travel within the NAN territory.
• Fluency in Oji-Cree, Ojibwe or Cree would be considered a definite an asset.
For a complete job description please see careers at our website: www.oshki.ca
Interested candidates are invited to submit a letter of interest and a resume, with three references, to:
Oshki-Pimache-O-Win Education & Training Institute
106 Centennial Square, 3rd Floor
Thunder Bay, ON P7E 1H3
Fax: (807) 622-1818
Closing date: May 15, 2017 @ 3:00 pm
Location: Thunder Bay
While we appreciate all applications for this position, only those who are selected for an interview will be contacted.