Directory Development Coordinator /Assistant Navigator
Reporting to the Clinical Services Coordinator (CSC), the Directory Development Coordinator (DDC)/Assistant Navigator is responsible for the development of the Aboriginal Directory in collaboration with the Ontario Telemedicine Network. In addition to the development and updating of the OTN Directory, the DDC will assist the Regional Telemedicine Coordinator with the coordination of telemedicine consults.
1. Supports the maintenance and development of the Aboriginal OTN/KO directory
2. Schedules and facilitates telemedicine clinical consults for individuals and groups
3. Maintains accurate clinical consult records
4. Participates in scheduling team
5. Demonstrates commitment to KO eHealth staff team
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
1. Registered Nurse or health related bachelor’s degree with current membership and good standing with the Ontario Nurses Association or the registered professional regulatory body.
2. Knowledge and understanding of Aboriginal culture and values, and of the geographical and health care challenges of First Nations in the Sioux Lookout district.
3. First Nations community-based experience is preferred; administrative experience in a health or social service field is an asset.
4. Experience working with diverse partners; familiarity with health system in the district.
5. Strong organizational skills with excellent attention to detail.
6. Excellent interpersonal and communications skills, both oral and written.
7. Ability to work independently or as part of a team.
8. Ability to multi-task in a fast paced work environment and complete work on schedule.
9. Proficiency in computer programs such as M/S Word, Excel, and the use of email; ability to learn communications technology and systems software quickly.
10. Dedication to service excellence.
Location: Balmertown, Ontario. Deadline for applications: December 9th, 2016
Please send cover letter, resume and three references to: firstname.lastname@example.org