Position: Director of Technical Services
Terms: Full Time Employment
Location: Sioux Lookout
The Director is responsible for ensuring that technical advisory services and assistance with project initiatives are provided by staff to the SFNC communities, while under the direct supervision of the Shibogama First Nations Council Executive Director.
• Experience in the technical services field and working in a technical environment;
• Working knowledge of federal government agencies, legislation, and regulations;
• Must have management and supervisory experience;
• Ability to work as a member of a team, as well as independently;
• Experience with problem solving and decision making;
• Effective written communication skills, accuracy, and good organizational skills;
• Must have a valid driver’s license and be able to travel extensively;
• Ability to speak Oji-Cree is an asset.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Responsible for managing the operating budget and ensuring department resources are effectively and efficiently used
• Attend monthly Program Director meetings, and work as part of a team with other program directors;
• Provide leadership and guidance to staff for the delivery of services and hold regular department staff meetings;
• Responsible for recruitment and termination of department staff;
• Ensure all reporting requirements are met;
• Prepare briefing notes and presentations as required;
• Maintain effective communications with SFNC communities, First Nation organizations, federal and other regulatory agencies;
• Review and evaluate government funding programs;
• Meet with the Technical Services Committee on a regular basis to review program delivery.
Commensurate with qualifications, education, and community experience.
A letter of application with a current resume, permission to contact three references, and a current criminal reference clearance certificate must be sent to Margaret Kenequanash, Executive Director
by email to email@example.com
by fax to 807-737-1583 or
mailed to Box 449, Sioux Lookout ON P8T 1A5.
2017 May 12 at 4:00 pm Central Time