Coordinator of Childrens Rehab Services
2 Positions (1 being FASD focused)
Full Time Position
Location: Sioux Lookout, ON
Under the Complex Care and Developmental Disabilities Program this position provides support to the inter-disciplinary team who will provide assessment and deliver rehab services. This work will be done through a clear referral process. This position will establish working linkages and service protocols with communities and organizations that provide health/social services programs. This position will participate in orientation and be the support for the clinic staff.
• An undergraduate degree in social work or relevant degree and experience
• Experience and understanding of Native cultural issues, the geographical realities and social conditions within the remote First Nations communities.
• Knowledge of Anishnawbe language an asset.
• Professional integrity and the ability to maintain confidentiality
• Three years’ experience in the social or health services environment
• Knowledge of NIHB travel requirements
• Experience with clinic Coordination
• Must hold a valid Ontario driver’s license with drivers abstract and be willing to and able to travel
1. To promote awareness of, and access to, traditional health care options for all clients in exploring their choice.
2. Responsible for all day-to-day functions of the Clinic; intake/referral duties; identifying training needs and providing opportunities for ongoing training for community stakeholders; and participating in multi-disciplinary health team activities at the clinic level
3. Set the clinic schedule, file management, scheduling clinic times and all activities around the clinic
4. Set up and coordinate training for all team members
5. Support the policies and procedures
6. Order tools and supplies
7. Complete intake process; meet with the child and family to collect data for the file
8. Collect all collateral information on each client
9. Organize clinic meeting assessment rooms and OTN if required
10. Participate as part of the multi-disciplinary team on the clinic day
11. Maintain tracking system for all discharges from the clinic
12. Coordinate all travel for clients and assessment team
13. Compile Summary Reports post clinic
14. Provide follow-up support & education to clients and families
15. Prepare and process correspondence regarding patient care, staff issues and program issues.
16. Attend Northwestern Diagnostic Clinic Advisory Group meetings.
17. Assisting in coordinating and administrative tasks as directed by the Developmental Services Supervisor and the Northwestern FASD Diagnostic Clinic Advisory Group
18. Provide orientation
19. Maintain privacy and confidentiality
20. Other duties as required
Please send cover letter, resume, three most recent employment references and an up-to-date Criminal Reference Check to:
Human Resource Department
Sioux Lookout First Nations Health Authority
P.O. Box 1300, 61 Queen Street
Sioux Lookout, ON P8T 1B8
Phone: (807) 737-1802
Fax: (807) 737-2969
Closing Date: June 11, 2018 at 4:30pm
No resumes received after this time will be accepted.
The Health Authority wishes to thank all applicants in advance.
However, only those granted an interview will be contacted.
For additional information regarding the Health Authority, please visit our Web-site at www.slfnha.com
SLFNHA is a proud supporter of Mikinakoos Children’s Fund. To find out more, visit www.mikinakoos.com