OUTREACH/CASEWORK - SIOUX LOOKOUT
Sol Mamakwa – Kiiwetinoong
Responsible to Member for:
• Staffing Sioux Lookout Office.
• Dealing with enquiries and solving problems and advocating for constituents (case work). Contacting and responding to constituents by telephone, writing, and in person. Contacting senior government personnel, officials from outside organizations, and local government on behalf of constituents.
• Assist with outreach and community events.
• Keeping informed and liaising with community groups within Sioux Lookout and surrounding communities and ensuring MPP is advised of key local concerns.
• Knowledge of Northern issues is essential.
• Excellent writing skills. Good computer and office organization skills.
• Ability to understand and prepare cases and to advocate effectively on behalf of the MPP’s constituents.
• Ability to travel as needed throughout the constituency.
• Familiarity with Kiiwetinoong, including key stakeholder groups in the region, is essential.
• Experience in NDP organizations and Ontario Government an asset.
The Ontario NDP Caucus is an equal opportunity employer.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Human Resources, Room 200 NW,
NDP Caucus Services, Queen’s Park, Toronto, ON M7A 1A5,
email: email@example.com Fax: 416-325-2266.