Kwayaciiwin Education Resource Centre in Sioux Lookout, Ontario is seeking a
COMMUNICATIONS OUTREACH COORDINATOR
Under the direction of the Structural Readiness Project Coordinator and Executive Director, the Communications Outreach Coordinator is responsible for designing and implementing a Communications and Outreach Strategy to promote Kwayaciiwin services and improve the organization’s internal and external networking and reporting.
1. Design and implement a Communications & Outreach Strategy for the organization.
2. Advise and assist the Executive Director, Board of Directors, the HR/Financial Manager, and senior managers in all communication matters.
3. Research, develop and maintain routine best practices in communications with Kwayaciiwin managers, staff, the Board of Directors, First Nations (Education Directors, local education authorities, schools); regional, provincial and national FN education partners; provincial and federal governments; and the private/corporate and non-profit sectors.
4. Identify communications issues to be addressed and recommend corrective action
5. Identify additional resources and develop proposals to improve communications.
6. Develop a Marketing Plan to promote sales of learning materials, books, posters, games, recordings and increase fees for services such as printing and publishing, to diversify revenues and ensure Kwayaciiwin growth and sustainability
7. Redesign and enhance the Kwayaciiwin website to be more interactive, responsive and user-friendly.
8. Enhance and maintain routine communication-weekly website updates, monthly Wawatay radio shows, quarterly newsletters, a quarterly calendar of community visits emailed to First Nations and posted on the website; Annual Report.
9. Work with IT/IM staff and consultants to further develop virtual coaching processes and use of videoconferencing for the Board, educators, and professional learning communities
10. Add a quarterly 5 Year Strategic Plan Progress Report to the newsletter, website and Annual Report
11. Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual communications progress reports as well as ad hoc reports as required
12. Ensure that activities support the organization’s mission, vision, values and Strategic Plan
13. Set priorities and organize workloads effectively and efficiently
14. Maintain a positive, healthy and safe work environment in accordance with all appropriate legislation and regulations
15. Travel as required
Accountability: The position is accountable to the Structural Readiness Project Coordinator and Executive Director
Evaluation: Conducted by the Executive Director and senior managers
Location: Kwayaciiwin Education Resource Centre, Sioux Lookout
Please submit a letter of application along with a resume, and written permission for KERC to contact three recent employment references must be provided. KERC requires Criminal Reference and Child Abuse Registry check required at the time of hiring. Please mail, fax or email application to:
Charlotte Semple: Administrative Assistant
Kwayaciiwin Education Resource Centre
Fax: (807) 737-3650
Deadline for applications is Wednesday, May 31, 2017 by 4:30 pm.
Only those being offered an interview will be contacted.