REQUEST FOR PROPOSALS - CO-MANAGER
Location: Kashechewan, Ontario
Contract Term: April 1, 2019 ending March 31, 2020
Posting Deadline: March 22, 2019 @ 12:00 pm
Kashechewan First Nation is a Cree community located in Northern Ontario and is situated on the north shore of the Albany River approximately 10 kilometers inland from the coast of James Bay. It is approximately 500 km north of Timmins, Ontario. The community is considered remote. Kashechewan is accessible by air, winter road and by barge from Moosonee.
With a growing population, the community currently has a population of approximately 2,200 people, with majority of the population being under the age of 18.
• Ensure KFN is in compliance with Terms and Conditions of the Funding Arrangements;
• Assist KFN in completing all required funding reports and projections.
• Ability to work with the recipient to build capacity in risk or default areas
• Assist Chief and Council with the development/update of annual budgets
• Have authority in conjunction with the Executive Director for reviewing, approving payments and expenditures of all federal funds received from Indigenous Services Canada
• Implement administrative policies, procedures, and methods ensuring proper financial control in all matters including the awarding of contracts, rentals, purchases, salaries, etc.
• Review and amend, as required, all bank signing authorities, providing for co-signing of all cheques related to ISC programs services and activities
• Approve and authorize, in conjunction with the designated First Nation Director of Finance, all expenditures to ensure they fall within the regulations and budgets available
• Implement a policy on delegation of authority, clearly establishing the authorities delegated to each manager
• Implement a policy and process for collecting accounts receivables
• Ensure preparation of monthly financial statements that establish comparisons between budgets and expenditures
• Experience as a Co-manager is an asset
• Possession of a college diploma or university degree
• Possession of a Chartered Accountant, Certified Management Accounting, Certified General Accountant, or Certified Aboriginal Financial Manager designation considered an asset
• Experience in working with First Nation communities and organizations
• Project management experience
• People management (coaching, training, developing staff, providing leadership)
• Developing and implementing human resource strategies
• Dispute resolution experience
• Negotiation skills with creditors
• Knowledge of the federal government’s funding relationship processes
• Knowledge of the Default Prevention and Management Policy
• Knowledge of Recipient Reporting Requirements
All interested parties are to submit a tender package that outlines their resume and costing table. Kashechewan First Nation reserves the right to reject, accept, all or in parts, of a proposal.
Proponents are to submit their documents to:
Chief Leo Friday
Kashechewan First Nation
P.O. Box 240
Fax: 705 275 1023
Questions related to the posting can be sent to:
Documents can be sent by email, fax, or hand delivered at the above information. You are responsible to follow up if your submission was received.