Chief Executive Officer (CEO)
The Chiefs of the Independent First Nations Alliance (IFNA) serves five (5) independent First Nations including Lac Seul; Whitesands; Muskrat Dam; Pikangikum; and, Kitchenuhmaykoosib Inninuwug. Our organization provides a number of advisory and advocacy services to the board, Chiefs and member communities including technical, education, finance, economic development, health services and water safety.
IFNA is seeking a dynamic Chief Executive Officer (CEO) to provide operational, administrative, and advocacy support for the IFNA Chiefs as they fulfill the mandate and vision of the IFNA organization. The CEO effectively resources and oversees a team of professionals to implement the strategic plan and its priorities through detailed work plans, timely reporting, financial management and policy development. Finally, the CEO stays current with local and national political issues, ensures the board and member Chiefs are kept informed of developments and opportunities and provides ongoing support for advocacy and lobbying initiatives.
Statement of Core Responsibilities:
The IFNA CEO will:
· Work closely with the IFNA board to set strategy and direction;
· Work to understand the issues and needs of community members and to recommend adaptations to programs and services as needed;
· Establish an organization structure, programs and services that ensure the effective implementation of IFNA’s mission and mandate;
· Develop operational and human resource policies and practices that ensure strong teamwork and high levels of employee productivity and accountability;
· Ensure strong financial management and the allocation of appropriate funds to support IFNA’s program and service priorities;
· Stays current with political affairs and provides ongoing administrative support for the advocacy and lobbying goals of the organization;
· Undertake timely reporting to the board on all aspects of the operation;
· Engage in public relations activities and community visits such that the mission and mandate of IFNA are visible and valued by community members, and;
· Model the values, behaviour and culture of the IFNA organization.
The CEO will offer:
· A degree in Business Administration and/or appropriate post-secondary education combined with several years’ experience in management;
· Proven strengths and experience working in a board governed environment including operations, finance, and human resource skills;
· Experience working with First Nations with demonstrated respect for their culture and traditions;
· Strong interpersonal skills accompanied by a native language ability so as to effectively communicate with IFNA communities;
· Strong political and analytical skills as well as written and oral communication strengths with the ability to quickly assess and disseminate information and provide briefing notes to the board as well as communities.
The salary is negotiable based on education and experience. The CEO site location will be negotiated; however, travel to communities is required. The job description is available on request. Please send cover letter, resume, and three most recent employment references to:
Attention: Gail Binguis, Acting/CEO
Independent First Nations Alliance
P.O. Box 5010, 98 King St.
Sioux Lookout, Ontario
Fax: (807) 737-3501 email@example.com
Closing Date: January 25, 2018 at 4:00 p.m. No applications received after this time will be accepted.
Full job details are available on our website at: www.ifna.ca
Independent First Nations Alliance wishes to thank all applicants in advance. However, only those granted an interview will be contacted.