Reporting to the General Manager, this position will be accountable for providing the assistance required in the management of Western James Bay Telecom Network’s (WJBTN) telecommunication services to its Northern based coastal communities.
The incumbent will be responsible for:
• Assisting in the execution of WJBTN’s Strategic Plan and overseeing its operational budget;
• Ensuring regulatory compliance with applicable Telecom business requirements (i.e. CRTC, CRA, WSIB etc.);
• Drafting client and supplier contracts to ensure profitability for its operations and stakeholders;
• Assisting in research, planning, maintaining, and writing funding proposals to support operations and training initiatives;
• Marketing and ensuring continuous development of WJBTN’s new and existing telecommunication services.
• Bachelor’s Degree and/or Diploma in Business Administration or similar from an accredited institution with a minimum of three (3) years full time experience in business operations management;
• Strong knowledge of IT, Finance and Marketing methods/procedures used in Telecommunications business management;
• Proficient in Telecommunications and Network Support including business and carrier services;
• Travel to various remote coastal communities with the possibility of work on weekends and after normal business hours;
• Valid G drivers License and clear CPIC;
• Ability to speak in Cree, and experience with Sage accounting software are considered strong assets;
• Preference will be give to eligible candidates who are members of a First Nation within Mushkegowuk Tribal Council region.
Job Description Available Upon Request. Candidates Are Encouraged To Request A Job Description For More Information.
Forward your resume to: WJBTNrecruitment@gmail.com
Western James Bay Telecom Network would like to thank all applicants for their interest however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Information provided will be used for recruitment and employment purposes only and remain confidential.