Notice of Employment Opportunity
Grade 3/4 teacher and Grade 5/6 teacher
Pic Mobert First Nation is currently accepting a qualified Grade 3/4 Teacher and a qualified Grade 5/6 Teacher for Netamisakomik Centre for Education for the school year September 2018 to June 2019.
• Work collaboratively with administration to plan, organize, and adapt lessons to meet the needs of the students
• Membership in good standing with OCT
• Qualifications for Primary/Junior/Intermediate Level
• Possess a valid criminal record check
• Familiar with the Ontario Curriculum
• Appreciation and understanding of Aboriginal culture and traditions
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Work with a student one-on-one, in a small group and whole group setting
• Ensure the students have a positive, healthy educational experience
• Assess students’ skills to determine their needs and to develop teaching plans
• Discuss student’s progress with parents, counsellors, and administration.
• Ontario College of Teachers Certificate
• Experience working with high needs students
• Experience with behavioural management
• Experience developing and implementing IEP’s
• Knowledge of literacy and numeracy programs
• Highly motivated and committed to student learning
• Good team work ethics and a role model to youth. As a role model for youth, it is imperative that you are living a healthy, drug-free lifestyle.
• Candidates will be required to provide a police record check, including vulnerable persons check, and complete a drug screening test prior to any offers of employment taking place.
Send resume and cover letter by Monday June 4, 2018 to Jacky Craig @ firstname.lastname@example.org